The work of the League is done by
We welcome new members to join any of our League efforts at any time. League members are invited to join one or more of our committees or find other opportunities to volunteer. You will be warmly welcomed.
- Board of Directors: 2nd Monday at 4:00 p.m.
(no meeting in December or June)
League Office and Skype (hybrid)
- Discussion Group: Check the Calendar
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee: 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Education Committeee: 4th or last Thursday at 1:30 p.m.
- Get Out the Vote (GOtV) Subcommitteee: 3rd Monday at 7:00 p.m.
- Great Decisions: 1st Thursday at 10:00 a.m.
(no meeting in January or February)
- Healthcare Committee: 4th Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Local Government Committee: 2nd Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
- Money In Politics (MIP) Committee: 3rd Friday at 1:00 p.m.
- Program, Issues and Events (PIE) Committee: 1st Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
- Waterfront Committee: Check the Calendar
Always check the check the calendar for the most up-to-the-minute information on times and locations for all meetings (especially in inclement weather!)
[ Join a committee ]
Listed above are the committees that meet regularly, but there are many that meet irregularly and there are other ways to serve. Keep reading to check out our
Ad-hoc Volunteer Opportunities
Because Democracy is not a Spectator Sport
- Voter registration at naturalization ceremonies, local high schools, at special events, and more
- Candidate forums take planning, and need volunteers to act as timekeepers, moderators, and ushers
- Election Service Committee conducts Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority (BMHA) Resident Commissioner elections every other year, and Resident Council elections at each community as needed
- Voter Guide: when each League contributes their local election information, the whole thing comes out Vote411 -- the only local non-partisan voter guide in Western New York
- Advocacy: Championing league positions during annual (each spring) legislative Interviews with NY State Legislators as well as trainings
- Communications: Voter Newsletter, Public Relations, Social Media, Website, Photography including video
- Membership Committee: member recruitment and retention, hospitality at League events and meetings, and more
- Administrative: the League Office sometimes needs help with everything from envelope stuffing to TRY brochure deliveries
- Financial: investment management, fundraising, and related activities that have to do with money, money, money
- Youth Services: outreach, civics education, our annual Students in Albany contest, and more
[ Volunteer ]
[ Top ]