How much do you know about sprawl in Western New York?
Take our sprawl quiz...
Just click on the red circle by the answer you think is correct. You'll find out immediately whether you're right or wrong, and you'll see a slide from our Online Sprawl Presentation that answers the question. To get back to the quiz, click on the "Back to the quiz" link. Keep track of your answers. When you're finished, send us your information and we'll send you a window decal (see the bottom of the page). Have fun!
1. Sprawl is characterized by
a greater dependence on the automobile.
a greater dependence on public transportation.
much lower than for low-density development.
comparable to providing it for low-density development.
much more expensive than providing it for low-density development.
6. According to Lester Brown's 2009 estimate, if all of the current subsidies and the hidden costs that car travel imposes on the economy were added to the price of gasoline, a gallon of gas would cost about
How did you do? We'd like to send you a window decal (a removable static cling decal -- no sticky residue) as a token of our appreciation for taking the quiz. Please send your score and your name and mailing address to email@example.com. We'll send you this decal.
Rate yourself. If your score is
- 8-9 correct, congratulations! You know a lot!
- 5-7 correct, you did pretty well.
- 3-4 correct, you have a lot to learn.
- 0-2 correct, you need to start at the beginning to learn more about sprawl.
No matter how you scored, you can learn a lot more from our Online Sprawl Presentation. Click here to see it now. Enjoy!
Get a GoStats hit counter