Be Election Ready!
2021 VOTERS GUIDE
Countdown to Election Day 2021
Polls will be open 6:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Days of Early Voting – October 23-October 31
General Election Day – November 2
- Oct. 8 – last day to postmark voter registration form or register in person at BOE
- Oct. 18 – last day for board of elections to receive application for absentee ballot
- Oct. 23 – early voting is available through Oct. 31
- Oct. 31 – early voting ends
- Nov. 2 – General Election Day
- Nov. 2 – last day to postmark absentee ballot for general election or to deliver absentee ballot in person to BOE or to any election day polling place
This Voters Guide is in two parts:
- 2021 VOTERS GUIDE Part I: Facts For Voters has frequently asked questions & answers to help you make sure that you are registered to vote, know where to go to vote, and know how to apply for and return an absentee ballot
- 2021 VOTERS GUIDE Part II: Ballot Proposals contains resources on the five proposed constitutional amendments that will be on the ballot in New York this November
More resources on voting:
- The League of Women Voters of New York has an excellent Voting & Election Information in New York State page; this Voters Guide is adapted from their 2021 Voters Guide (PDF format).
- You will find a comprehensive Erie County Vote 2021 page at the Buffalo Jewish Community Relations Council
- Vote Forward is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization that connects citizens to one another to increase voter turnout and voter registration
- The NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People With Special Needs has a collection of Disability Resources on Voting that appear to be curated by an algorithm.
- Find your personalized Voter Guide from the League of Women Voters at vote411.org